NEW EMAIL SERVICE FOR STUDENTS: All students will be provided a secure email account for all BYU communication.
Alias Manager allows employees, students, retirees and alumni to create aliases (email addresses that forward messages to a designated email box). A user can create multiple aliases that redirect to a single mailbox or can create a single alias with more than one forwarding address.
Aliases may not be used to send messages. Alias Manager is an email message forwarding system only.
Note: Users should be careful about using email aliases that forward to non-BYU email addresses. Some email security settings used by other email providers may prevent email aliases from functioning as designed.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Toggle ItemHow do I access my mailbox in a browser?
Toggle ItemHow do I access my mailbox from the Outlook app on my computer?
Toggle ItemHow do I access my mailbox from the mobile app for iOS and Android?
- Download the Outlook app from the App Store or Google Play Store
- Open the Outlook app from home.
- When you are prompted to choose an email address, type in your NetID@byu.edu.
- When the advanced setup prompt appears, choose Microsoft 365.
- Sign in with your NetID@byu.edu and your NetID password.
- Respond to the Duo prompt.
Toggle ItemHow do I cancel an Exchange/Outlook email account?