IMPORTANT: All documents and data will be lost when you leave the university. Before you leave, backup documents to a personal storage location. If you still need to retrieve your files after losing access, IT support can help up to 30 days after access is lost.
SHARE AND COLLABORATE
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Toggle ItemHow do I transfer my files upon graduation?
Toggle ItemHow do I link my personal and BYU accounts?
There is no way to merge the two storage place in OneDrive. However, you can access the BYU OneDrive storage space in your personal Office 365 account and vice versa. This does not merge the accounts, but does allow you to access information from both storage areas.
- Open up Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- Click File
- Click Account.
- Then click Add a service > Storage > OneDrive.
- A new window will open asking for the Microsoft Account credentials. You will need to enter your personal Microsoft account information.
- After doing this, the storage space should show up in the list of Connected Services. Now you can save documents to/open from this location.
Toggle ItemHow do I share a file with someone?
- Pick the file or folder you want to share.
- Select "Share" icon.
- Select "Anyone with the link can edit".
- Enter name or email addresses of the people you want to share with.
- Add a note to recipients or change the sharing permissions if you would like.
- Copy link and paste in an email message or wherever else you'd like to share the file.
Toggle ItemHow do I create a shared library?
A shared library lets your group store and access files from anywhere on any device. The group automatically gets access to the files that members put in the shared library. This allows OneDrive files to remain with the team when a user leaves the team. Users who wish to create a shared should follow the directions below:
- Go to office.byu.edu
- Navigate to the OneDrive page
- Click Create shared library
- Add a library name and the members of the library
- If you wish, you can edit Advanced settings to make changes to the site address, email address, privacy, and language of the shared library.
- Click Create